Event Coordinator (Part time, 4-month Contract/Freelance) – Remote Work
We are seeking an Event Project Coordinator to work along side a small internal team to deliver an upcoming conference. Reporting to the Event Director, this is a client facing role for a confident individual with virtual event planning experience. You possess strong communication skills, have a keen eye for details and enjoy delving into the fine specifics of an event to bring it to life.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Event Director to keep the project moving forward
- Regular status meetings with the internal team and client
- Coordinate all speaker logistics and instructions for event access
- Research virtual platforms and assist in the selection process
- Coordination of graphic design and marketing needs
- Coordinate and set up registration form
- Coordinate virtual platform needs
- Prepare agendas and participate in client status meetings
- Bring creative ideas to the planning table
- Update progress on critical paths and project documentation
- Create production schedules and run sheets
- Event day delivery – you must be online for the full duration of the event (Nov 17, 9am-6pm)
- Other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate:
· Previous event management experience (1-2 years) required.
· Undergraduate or equivalent in related field.
· Passionate about event management, and genuinely take pride in your work.
· Punctual, presentable, and articulate
· Detail oriented and thorough approach
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Experience supporting conferences
· Experience working with volunteer teams
· Proficient in MS Office and Google Drive.
· You are responsive and can work with a sense of urgency when responding to clients and the core planning team.
· You are not afraid to take initiative to keep projects on track and moving forward.
· You take ownership of assigned tasks.
· You are creative and like bringing fresh ideas to the table.
· You work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Experience with graphic design applications not essential but considered an asset (Canva, Illustrator, Photoshop)
· You are a self starter and highly motivated to succeed in this industry.
English – Required
What you need to know:
· Candidates must be available to deliver the event on November 17 to be considered for this role.
· This is a part time, contract position (4 months) with the possibility of extension
· This is a mid-level event coordination role and will be suitable for someone who has at least 1-2 years of event related experience.
· Pay will be between $20-$25 / hour depending on previous experience
· Project hours are expected to start between 5-10 hours a week and increase to up to 20 hours a week in the lead up to delivery of the event
· Flexibility is required, some weekend and evening work may be necessary for the fulfilment of the project.
· You will be required to work remotely with regular internal & client status meetings via Zoom / Google Meet
· You must have your own laptop with access to internet / WIFI and a cell number
· Must be comfortable working as part of a small but growing team.
Royal Blue Events Management is an award winning, boutique agency offering event planning services. We provide clients with strategic direction, project management and marketing services that support the execution of flawless events to help meet their goals.
How to apply:
To express your interest in this role, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 3 2021. Interviews taking place ASAP. Project start date: Mid-Aug 2021 / Project end date: Dec 2021. We thank you for your interest, but only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Contract length: 4 months
Part-time hours: 5-20 per week
Application deadline: Aug 3, 2021
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Freelance
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour, depending on experience